11 November 2008

We're Engaged!

As of November 8, Jason and I are engaged!

Here’s the story: We took the week of Veteran’s Day off and planned to spend Friday night through Tuesday at his parents’ lake house and then I planned to fly out to LA to visit two of my girlfriends – Erin and Maitha – for the rest of the week.

We got down to the lake on Friday night. It was a peaceful time with just the two of us and Rufus. On Saturday night, we built a fire and made s’mores, which I had been looking forward to for a long time! After I made my first one, Jason slyly made sure my fingers weren’t sticky. He mentioned that it was a beautiful night and I looked up at the sky because I remembered it being a little cloudy and when I looked back down, he was down on a knee! I squealed, jumped up and down, and repeated “ohmygod!” multiple times. Apparently, I never really said yes. But did I really need to? Nahhh… I was too caught up in the moment! I’m really glad that he waited until it was just the two of us (and Rufus!) with no one else around. It was perfect, simple, and sweet – just my style!

Instead of staying until Tuesday, we left the lake early on Monday morning so that we could meet my parents for dinner that night to tell them our news before I leave for LA. They congratulated us and told us they were very happy for us. They stuck around while I called my grandparents. My grandmas both squealed – it was too cute. Grandma Coray asked what Jason’s last name is and told me that she wanted me to take his last name. For all of the time that we've been dating (4 years now!) I was opposed to the idea, which Jason did not like, but dealt with. However, now I’m thinking that I just might. We shall see!

Kaitlyn

together foreverrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment