28 November 2010

"Chalk it up to a starry night"

The night before Thanksgiving I won Carbon Leaf tickets! We had not seen them live before (although I attempted to see them at a local festival once before and failed), but if I have my way we'll see them again. They were fantastic live just like I imagined they'd be. They played a mix of old and new songs, and even a few Christmas songs which I promptly began singing and changing the lyrics to while we drove home. We also learned that VA is their home! Who knew!


Look what we passed on the way home!


They're popping up everywhere and I couldn't be happier. We count the number of houses with festive lights we see each night while driving and the count has been going up each day! Everything counts: holiday light bulbs, trees and candles in windows, and lights hanging both indoors and out. We counted 14 on Thanksgiving night, 28 the night after that, and 43 decorated houses in a 15-20 minute long drive last night!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard lots of good things about Carbon Leaf! Glad you got to see them.

    ReplyDelete