24 August 2010

Train in Concert

This year for my birthday my parents gave me a gift certificate to Wolf Trap, a great outdoor music venue. We checked the lineup for the summer and decided to go see Train since we both enjoy their music.

While I'm admittedly pretty tired of hearing "Hey, Soul Sister" on the radio and have not heard their new album, I like their older albums. I also like their newest single "If It's Love" - it's a really sweet song. The lead singer, Pat Monahan, took this picture during the song. If you hear the song on the radio you'll know exactly when he took the picture. We are somewhere in that sea of cell phones!


Of course "Meet Virginia" was a huge crowd pleaser, but I was happiest when he sang, "Drops of Jupiter" at the encore. It's such a beautiful song - definitely my favorite of theirs.


We had a great night out. The weather was beautiful, the music was great, and the radio was even playing a Train marathon on our way home! Perfect night.

No comments:

Post a Comment