14 June 2009

Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Annual Gala

Last night, Jason and I went to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's annual gala where they announce the Man and Woman of the Year. It was so great to go - Allison is amazing and it is so great to see her doing such good and making such a difference in the world. I'm sad I wasn't around when she ran for Woman of the Year (I was in Australia), but I'm glad she's still involved in such a great cause and that I can still support her now. She did a lot of announcing last night and she did a great job! She looked super pretty too. The candidates this year raised over $900,000!!! That is INCREDIBLE considering the economy this year. It made my heart swell to know that no matter the economy, amazing people still dedicate time, energy, and money into good causes. The world isn't so bad after all.

It was fun to go because it was a fancy event and we got to get all dressed up - I love getting dressed up every once in a while! Here we are before leaving our apartment.

cimg0733

And then again at my parents' house before cabbing it to DC.  Now you can see what we're wearing!

before

Here we are with my parents at the gala.

parents

Here we are with our friends who joined us, Jessica and Joel.

couples

In other news, we saw my little cousin Emma's ballet recital this morning (she's one of the flower girls) and it was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She did so great! Unfortunately, it went a little longer than expected so we couldn't go out and celebrate with the ballerina herself, but she sure was amazing!

Jason and I looked at a different apartment this morning and decided to apply for it and get rid of the deposit on the other place. We can save a lot of money if we get this place so our fingers are crossed! Plus it's really close to my work which is nice - I'll have a nice bike path to get to it which will be really great!

This coming weekend we're trekking it out to Frederick to do more wedding-related planning - we're meeting with a DJ and a hair stylist. We'll see if they can tame my mane! It takes lots and lots of bobbypins to get my hair all up... enough to make airport metal detectors go off! That literally happened to me once... can you imagine? Craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment