13 February 2011

Boston

Another post by Jason!

Last weekend, Kaitlyn and I headed to Boston - her for a work weekend, and a scenic trip for me (plus time away with the lady!). Before she had to work on Saturday we walked around a good bit. We were heading to an art museum but after dealing with the crazy T, Boston's metro system maze where some trains are actually buses, we gave up and walked until we found the Faneuil Hall Marketplace (aka Quincy Market). As you can see, they got plenty of snow.


While walking from the art museum area to the marketplace we came across this sign (I'll admit I'm nerdy and got a kick out of it).


Kaitlyn had to go to work so I walked around Boston for the next few hours. The Freedom Trail was blocked in several places by the massive amounts of snow so I didn't get to see a lot of the historic areas but there was plenty to see just walking around every which way. Plus I had lunch at Cheers! (Not just nerdy, but old and nerdy now.)


Above and below are some random pictures I took, along with a Holocaust memorial I came across that was rather interesting, and with the steam coming up in every glass structures, slightly disturbing. Every inch of the glass was etched with numbers, 6,000,000 to be exact.



Now from Kaitlyn: Boston was a blast. Even though I had to work, it was a fun weekend away with my hubby even if I didn't get to see him all that much. However, we did have a wonderful Indian dinner with my coworker (and dear friend) after a very long day of work. By the time we walked a mile to the restaurant, all of our feet were wet (some more than others) because each time we had to cross a street we had to go over huge puddles! Boston certainly got dumped on with snow.

Right before we left on Sunday, we met up with two of my Australia girlies! I was so excited to see them. I hadn't seen Cailin since we were in Australia in 2007 and I hadn't seen Meredith since my wedding in 2009. It was soooo good to catch up with them. It was like no time passed at all even though it's been years since we've all hung out together. That's the true definition of good friends, isn't it?


It was truly a wonderful weekend. The event I was working on was a track event that was actually quite fun to be a part of, so even my working hours were enjoyable. I'm all about vacations, however short they may be. It can be so cathartic to step away from the day-to-day routine of life and explore a different place. I felt refreshed when we came back home on Sunday night. It makes me very excited for the warmer days that are soon to come so we can spend more weekends at the lake!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good time and the pictures are great. Nothing like being a young couple and exploring new places! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! And that third picture... Gorgeous!!

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen - Jason took that picture and I love it as well! He always used to say he wasn't good at photography so I gave him a few pointers and he's been taking some really great pictures ever since!

    ReplyDelete