18 July 2010

The July Surprise!

The surprise of July was ERIN!!!

ridin

My dearest Erin came into town this weekend to surprise her fiance, Ryan, who is working in the DC area this summer (for NASA of all places - can we say awesome?). He was very surprised so the trip was a success! Here they are. Aww, aren't they cute? We can't wait for their upcoming nuptials NEXT July!

ryan and erin

So, lucky me, I got to hang out with her while she was in town. Yay! We drove all around in Arlington, Georgetown, and DC. Some of the highlights include:
  • Splitting a peach cupcake (next time we'll try the lemon blueberry one we really wanted that another lady stole right out from under us),
  • Cooling off with some gelato (for her) and sorbet (for me),
  • Wedding dresses! She tried on wedding dresses and found her perfect dress (it's SO pretty).
Jason also met us for an unsuccessful lunch trip to Good Stuff, which I've been wanting to try for a while now.  While lunch was unsuccessful, dinner was a success! We all made it there for dinner... but not all together. Jason and I stopped to eat to miss some of the traffic back into VA and Erin and crew went later.

good stuff

Eventually I'll get a burger and a marshmallow shake but I stuck with a chicken breast sandwich, a bite of Jason's burger, and a strawberry milkshake and fries to share. We were STUFFED afterward!

Today, we got to meet Erin, Ryan, and Ryan's sister, brother-in-law, and cute little nephew for lunch today before she flew back to sunny LA. Was so good seeing you, Okie dearest!

girls

1 comment: