02 December 2008

Aaaand... we have a date!

October 25, 2009! It’s a Sunday, so we’re planning to have an early afternoon wedding – maybe noon or one o’clock. We get the place for 8 hours total, so we’ll spend about 2 hours setting up and then 6 for the ceremony and reception. Which means that we will be done by 8 or 9 pm which is just magical because I won’t last much past then – especially with the craziness of wedding festivities.

And the place for the date is Thorpewood! I’m thrilled and Jason is too. The paperwork is in the works – so it’s not really final yet, but it will be. We will go back to visit in the spring to do a tasting as well as check the place out when the leaves are full since they were bare-naked when we saw them! The menu looks good and they even have a pastry chef, so we may even get the cake through them to make things easier. However, I will still taste cakes elsewhere… yes, yes I will!

Allison, Karen, and my grandma took me to try on dresses this weekend – nothing really jumped out at me. It was all just too… fancy. I think some people really enjoy trying dresses on and showing them off… this one lady there really loved it and was looking at herself in the mirror for long periods of time and talking about each dress… but it just makes me curl up into a ball. I do not like being put on display but I guess I need to get used to it!

I also want to make a shout-out to Mrs. Hilary Pool Strickland who passed many, many bridal magazines and books on to me. Thank you so very much! Those things are not cheap - I really appreciate your generosity! PS - Congrats on becoming a doggie-mommy over the weekend!!!

A final note - it is strange to call Jason my fiance now. It is SO exciting, but I feel like such a snob using the word. I can't figure out if it is because I feel like I'm flaunting the fact that I'm engaged (and thus acting kind of like a snob) or just because it is such a fancy-sounding word (and I don't really use fancy words)... hehehe...

Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment